buttery pastry, that is 😉) saves stacks of Syns without sacrificing any of the taste.
- 55 minutes plus 15 minutes standing
- Serves 4
2 red onions, halved and finely sliced
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
100g fat-free natural cottage cheese
6 large eggs
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
Low-calorie cooking spray
Small handful of finely chopped mint
- 1 zucchini or courgette
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Coarsely grate the courgettes and place in a large sieve. Press down to remove as much liquid as possible and set aside.
- Lightly spray a 20cm round, shallow non-stick baking dish with low-calorie cooking spray and set aside.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onions, courgettes and chilli and stir-fry for 10 minutes. Season lightly and transfer to the prepared baking dish, spreading evenly across the base. Spread the cottage cheese over the vegetable mixture.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, season lightly with freshly ground black pepper and add the dried mixed herbs and mint. Pour the egg mixture over the cottage cheese.
Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until set and golden. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for about 15 minutes before cutting into wedges.
This can be eaten warm or cold. If serving cold, cool, cover and chill until ready to eat.