The ultimate comfort dish, this Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken is perfect for dinner tonight. Made with simple ingredients, this creamy chicken recipe is full of flavor. Perfectly cooked chicken coated in a creamy parmesan and garlic sauce, this recipe will become a household favorite.
Prep Time 10
Cook Time 30
Season the chicken breasts halves with garlic powder, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet with oil on a medium flame, add the chicken breasts and cook for 5-6 minutes until they turn golden. Transfer them to a plate and set aside.
To the same skillet add the butter. Once the butter is melted add the minced garlic and sprinkle the flour. Cook for a minute.
Add the chicken broth and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the whipping cream and let it cook until the sauce begins to slightly thicken.
Remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle the parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese is completely melted. Check for seasonings.
Transfer the chicken back to the skillet along with the juices from the chicken and cook for a couple of minutes.
Once done, garnish the creamy chicken with parsley and parmesan cheese.
Serve the chicken over a plate of mash potatoes and greens on the side.
- You can use half and half if you’d like to lighten up the sauce.
- If you don’t want to cut the chicken lengthwise, you can pound the chicken breasts into even thickness.
- Freshly shredded parmesan cheese is preferred. Pre-shredded cheeses have an anti-caking agent added that prevents them from melting as well.
- Butter is an integral part of this sauce, so choose high quality butter.
- Use freshly minced garlic. It brings out so much flavor compared to pre-minced garlic.
- Be careful not to overcook the chicken as it’ll become tough. Once the chicken has hit 165F, pull it off the heat so it doesn’t overcook.