Easy cinnamon-sugar donuts made in the air fryer, ready in just 10 minutes.
YIELD: Makes 8 doughnuts
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes to 12 minutes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can flaky large biscuits, such as Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Biscuits
- Olive oil spray or coconut oil spray
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Remove the biscuits from the can, separate them, and place them on the baking sheet. Use a 1-inch round biscuit cutter (or similarly-sized bottle cap) to cut holes out of the center of each biscuit.
- Lightly coat an air fryer basket with olive or coconut oil spray (do not use nonstick cooking spray such as Pam, which can damage the coating on the basket).
- Place 3 to 4 donuts in a single layer in the air fryer (they should not be touching). Close the air fryer and set to 350°F. Cook, flipping halfway through, until the donuts golden-brown, 5 to 6 minutes total. Transfer donuts place to the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining biscuits. You can also cook the donut holes — they will take about 3 minutes total.
- Brush both sides of the warm donuts with butter, place in the cinnamon sugar, and flip to coat both sides. Serve warm.